We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal data as part of our recruitment process. This privacy notice is being provided to you as you are applying to work with Outpost VFX Ltd as a team member, intern, apprentice or contractor.
Outpost VFX is a ‘data controller’ which means we are responsible for deciding how we collect, hold and use personal data about you.
Data Protection Principles
We process personal data in accordance with data protection principles, which means that your data will be:
• used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
• collected only for the purposes that we have explained to you
• relevant to the purposes we have told you about
• accurate and kept up to date
• kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
• kept securely.
Collection of personal data
We may collect, store and use information you provide on your CV, as part of your interview, during any testing plus any other information you provide us with as part of your job application.
We may also collect personal information from the following sources:
• recruitment agencies we work with
• your named referees
• data you have made publicly available on LinkedIn.
How we use your personal data
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
• assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role you are applying for
• carry out background and reference checks, where applicable
• communicate with you about the recruitment process
• if your application is unsuccessful we may wish to retain your information so we can let you know about any alternative roles that we think you may be suitable for
• keep records related to our recruitment processes
• comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Sharing your data
We will not share your personal data with any third parties for the purposes of processing your application.
We take the security of personal data seriously and as such have internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data for a period of six (6) months after we have communicated our decision to you about whether to appoint or engage you. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we wish to retain your personal data on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your consent to retain your personal data for a fixed period on that basis.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• make a data subject access request which enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
• request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
• request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing
• object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
• request the restriction of processing of your personal data
• request the transfer of your personal data to another party in an accessible digital format.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please email [email protected]