Outpost VFX are looking for a CFX Artist to join our growing team. The position will be based at our Montreal studio in an exciting VFX environment servicing feature films and HETV.
CFX Artists are responsible for delivering a variety of high-quality cloth and hair simulations, along with various other creature finishing tasks that bring creatures to life in the VFX environments we simulate.
You will be working closely with the VFX Supervisor and Animation team on a quadruped creature to be integrated into live shots. The successful candidate will be competent in creating and delivering Fur dynamics, muscle simulations assisting with technical clean-ups.
• Strong working knowledge of Houdini.
• Thorough knowledge of creature characteristics.
• General understanding of physics, mathematics and anatomy.
• A good understanding of rigging and enveloping in Maya, cloth, hair, flesh, rigid body destruction.
• An interest in anatomy, tailoring, grooming or mechanics.
• Maya Character FX set-ups and simulation.
• A good General TD background.
• Background in technical animation or rigging.
• Passion for all aspects of animation and 3D.
• Independent problem solver.
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
• Participate in creative and technical discussions.
• 4+ years industry experience as CFX Artist or Technical Animator in the VFX industry.
• Health Insurance
• Company Pension
• Fantastic company culture in a creative environment.
• Excellent location in downtown Montreal within a few minutes’ walk of a metro station.
• Montreal, Canada
• 1 Month Fixed-Term Contract
• July 2020
• Dependent on experience
How do I Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Cover letter and Resume
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in Montreal, Quebec at the time of applying, remote work is not possible.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge the norm and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.