Mid-Senior Creature Animator
Outpost VFX are looking for a Mid-Senior Level animator to join the team. The position will be based at our Montreal studio in an exciting VFX environment servicing feature films and HETV.
You will be working closely with the Head of 3D and VFX supervisors ensuring animated elements are integrated into the 3D and VFX pipeline.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Working closely with the Animation Supervisor/Leads to ensure the team is producing high-quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the film.
• Working closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality.
• Animating both primary and secondary creatures and elements.
• Analyze, troubleshoot and solve animation-related technical challenges.
• Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
• Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
• Maintain and develop skills to keep up with developments in software and processes.
• Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 3D.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• Strong knowledge of Maya.
• Thorough understanding of the core animation principles.
• Experience of animating creatures, specifically quadrupeds.
• Experience using Shotgun on productions.
• Passion for all aspects of animation and 3D.
• Independent problem solver.
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
• Participate in creative and technical discussions.
• 2+ years industry experience as 3D animator working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Health Insurance
• Company Pension
• Fantastic company culture in a creative environment.
• Excellent location in downtown Montreal within a few minutes’ walk of a metro station.
• Montreal, Canada
• 2 Month Fixed-Term Contract
• June 2020
• Dependent on experience
How do I Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Cover letter and Resume
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in Montreal, Quebec at the time of applying, remote work is not possible.
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge the norm and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.